One of the best things about living in Hernando County is having the luxury of being surrounded by tranquility but close enough to all of the action. We are just a short drive away to quite a few large cities that create a fun bucket list of things to do this summer.
- Explore the Nature Coast by water: Bring your own canoe, kayak, or boat or rent if you need to! Enjoy a boat ride in the Gulf of Mexico or a relaxing trip down the Weeki Wachee River.
- Dive into Greek culture at the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks: With divers still hard at work harvesting sponges, visitors can enjoy a leisurely day exploring the Greek restaurants and ships that are scattered through the area.
- Campout at Withlacoochee State Forest: Curl up under the stars for a night of camping at the third largest forest in Florida.
- Ride a world famous glass bottom boat: The World Famous Glass Bottom Boats give visitors a unique view of underwater beauty at Silver Springs State Park.
- Big Red Balloon Sightseeing Adventures: Head up, up, and away in a hot-air balloon that is flown daily at sunrise in Northern Hillsborough.
- Explore The Florida Aquarium: Annual passes are available or you can explore for just the day. Visit FLAquarium.org for more information.
- Learn something new at the Museum Of Science and Industry: For a day of learning in more then 400,000 square feet of interactive exhibits covering biology, meteorology, astronomy, and other science-related fields.
- Take a trip back in time to Heritage Village: With more than 28 historic structures and features, some dating back to the 19th century, including a school, church, sponge warehouse, railroad depot and store, as well as a variety of historic homes. Click here for more info!
- Marvel at botanical garden beauty!Nature Coast Botanical Gardens is a lovely, little hidden gem in Hernando County that everyone should visit.
- All aboard the American Victory Ship! As one of only 4 fully operational WWII ships in the country, the American Victory Ship is a national treasure and true American icon anchored at 705 Channelside Drive in Tampa. Experience an unforgettable voyage of discovery and witness virtually the entire ship.
Living just a short drive from all of these activities, the residents of GlenLakes get to experience these adventures year round. Located in Weeki Wachee, Florida, it is easy to enjoy the pristine outdoor lifestyle that living on Florida’s Nature Coast provides. GlenLakes is in the action, yet surrounded by tranquility – the best of both worlds. Click Here to get a taste of what this lifestyle is all about.
Tour the Beautiful Homes at GlenLakes: You love the area, and you’ve heard a lot about the community. Why not take advantage of the slower summer months to stop by the Sales Gallery and take a tour of the community. You might find just the lifestyle you’ve been looking for.