South Florida’s past times always include being outside with friends, enjoying the year-long mild weather and maybe putting a few games to victory! GlenLakes prides itself on the value of our golf membership and all the privileges that comes with it. Without the typical private club price tag, you can enjoy unlimited tee times, the opportunity to compete in tournaments and enjoy special events GlenLakes has to offer.
Whatever sport you like to engage in, you always want to play your best. Here are some golf tips from our monthly newsletter to help with your golf game. Slow play on the golf course is usually a habit that a golfer acquires over time. Before we run down a list of suggestions for speeding up play, it’s important to note that many of these tips have nothing to do with rushing your play, but rather with simply being ready to play, using common sense and good etiquette on the course. For full article be sure to check out our Newsletter!
TIPS FOR SPEEDING UP PLAY
- Be early for your tee time. Proper pace of play begins with teeing off at the appointed time.
- When two players are riding in a cart, drive the cart to the first ball and drop off the first player with his choice of clubs. The second player should proceed in the cart to his ball. After the first player hits his stroke, he should begin walking toward the cart as the second golfer is playing.
- Begin reading the green and lining up putts as soon as you reach the green. Don’t wait until it’s your turn to putt to start the process of reading the green. Do it as soon as you reach the green so that when it’s your turn you can step right up and putt.
- On a cart-path-only or rough-only day, take more than one club with you when you walk from the cart to your ball. Getting to the ball only to find out you don’t have the right club is a huge time-waster on the golf course.
- Mark your scorecard after reaching the next tee, not while lingering on or near the just-completed green.
- On the tee, pay attention to your partners’ drives. If they lose sight of their ball, you can help direct them to it and avoid any searching.
- Carry extra tees, ball markers and an extra golf ball in your pockets so you never have to return to your golf bag to find one when needed.
- Try playing ready golf, where order of play is based on who’s ready, not on who’s away.
GlenLakes is the Florida lifestyle, designed with you in mind. Only minutes away from the Gulf Coast beaches, excellent shopping, and restaurants, results in a quality of life that is affordable and enjoyable. For more information click here.